Please always refer to your Low Boy Filter Machine operator’s manual or check with your manager or supervisor for detailed instructions on how to correctly use this machine.
STANDPIPE AND FILTER ASSEMBLY
- In this section we will we showing the procedure using a filter paper envelope. The procedure is the same regardless of the filter media you are using.
- On a flat clean surface, place the metal insert into the opening of the filter envelope. Ensure that the threaded fitting comes through the hole in the filter paper envelope.
- Next, screw on the stand pipe assembly, to the threaded fitting, until it is snug.
- Centre the standpipe so it faces the opening of the filter paper envelope. Fold over the filter paper envelope and secure the attached filter clips. The filter assembly is now complete
MOTOR, HOSE AND FILTER CART ASSEMBLY
- Take the filter pump motor and assembly, locate the end of the filter tank assembly, with two welded tabs and hang the pump motor and assembly between these two welded tabs.
- Position the stand pipe and filter envelope assembly into the center of the filter tank. Insert the stand pipe quick disconnect fitting into the quick disconnect coupling, ensure the fitting and coupling is secure and locked.
- Next, place the nozzle assembly into the holster on the filter tank. Insert the quick disconnect fitting into the quick disconnect coupling facing to the sign. Ensure the fitting and coupling is secure and locked.
- Install the filter tank handle into the two brackets at the rear of the filter tank.
- Finally, plug the female end of the power cord into the recessed male plug, located on the side of the pump motor. Plug the male end into the GFCI provided and plug the GFCI into an electrical outlet.
- You are now ready to filter!
LOW BOY DISASSEMBLY AND CLEANING PROCEDURE
- Allow the Low Boy filter machine to cool down. When the Low Boy filter machine can be handled safely, begin to disassemble the filter machine, by first unplugging the GFCI and power cord.
- Next, disconnect the hose and nozzle assembly. Drain any oil remaining in the hose into the filter tank.
- Disconnect the standpipe assembly. Remove and store the filter pump motor and assembly.
- Remove filter tank handle.
- Unscrew the standpipe from the insert and remove the filter clips.
- Remove and discard the filter paper envelope.
- Never run water or any cleaning solution through the pump motor, as this may cause significant damage to the filter pump.
- Wipe out any sediments remaining in the filter cart. Rinse out the filter cart and all parts using hot water ONLY.
- Wipe the filter cart and all parts dry with a clean towel and allow all the parts and filter cart to air dry overnight, disassembled.