Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester – TPM measurement device
Same day shipping!
Testo 270 digital thermometer and TPM testing device for cooking oil in fryers
The Testo 270 cooking oil tester gauges the Total Polar Material (TPM) content in the oil, presenting it as a percentage. As the oil gets utilized, the TPM value rises. Every deep-fried dish has a threshold where overused oil affects its quality, taste, and appearance. Checking the %TPM ensures optimal oil quality without jeopardizing the brand’s reputation. Additionally, a %TPM above 24 poses potential health risks. Consistent checks with the Testo 270 can mitigate these risks. The color-coded backlit display offers an intuitive assessment of the oil’s condition: Green signifies acceptable TPM levels, Orange indicates approaching limits, and Red means the TPM threshold has been surpassed.
In contrast to a normal cooking oil test strip (FFA test strip), measurement using a cooking oil tester such as the Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester is more intuitive and reliable, above all providing reproducible, comparable measuring values. Testing your fry oil with the Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester also avoids premature oil replacement, conserving an often costly ingredient and saving you money. Users can customize TPM thresholds and safeguard these settings, along with other configurations, with a PIN. The Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester package includes a case, topsafe protector, batteries, and a user guide. You can also conveniently find user manuals and calibrations cards on this page for download.
Features of the Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester:
- Illuminated color display with intuitive alarms based on the traffic light principle
- Ergonomic design for safe handling (sufficient distance to the hot oil)
- Washable under running water
- Hold and auto-hold function
- Storage temperature: -4 to 158 F (-20 to +70 C)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 122 F (0 to +50 C)
- Housing material: ABS / ABS-PC fibre glass 10%
- Certified according to HACCP International, NSF and BVLK
How do I test frying oil with the Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester?
Once the fried foods are removed from the oil and bubbles cease to rise from the oil, it indicates the absence of water, and you can now start measuring. Both water and fried remnants within the fry oil can distort the measurement, so make sure to remove all of it. Firstly, ensure the correct immersion depth. The ideal immersion depth is between the tester probe’s min. and max. indicators. It’s similar to checking a vehicles oil level. Maintain at least a 1 cm gap between the probe of the tester and the metal parts of the fryer. If you use gentle swirling motions in the oil while testing, it will speed up the testing process
When you use the Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester in the Auto-Hold mode, the display flashes until the measurement is completed. As soon as the display stops flashing, it shows the Total Polar Materials component. Interpretation of the value is particularly easy thanks to the background illumination of the display:
- Green (less than 20% TPM): all OK
- Orange (between 20 and 24%): the oil is still OK. However, you should think about replacing it.
- Red (more than 24% TPM): the oil must be replaced. Incidentally, cooking oil develops its best potential between 14% and 20% TPM: the oil is safe and the fried products taste particularly good.
Testo 270 Cooking Oil Tester Manuals and Downloads
Below, you can find user manuals and guides for download to learn how to use the Testo 270 cooking oil tester. Find out how to use all the features and calibrate and adjust your deivce